faves of 2018





So to round up the year that has just passed in knitting, I thought I would share some of my favourite knits of 2018 ..

In order of approximate completion, we have :



Simply Stockinette Tee by Kaitlin Blasing

A very nice enjoyable straightforward pattern that I liked so much I have nearly completed another one, and probably will make more of in the future

My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry


Harris bag by Linda Moorhouse

I made this bag for my young daughter. It was really fun t knit and the end project is almost surprisingly impressive for how simple a knit it is, it just looks gorgeous
My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry


Alfama by Filipa Carneiro

This was actually my first shawl, and it was a very immersive knit that I just loved getting stuck into

My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry



Blissful Tee by Universal Yarn
I live in a hot climate so another warm weather tee for me. Absolutely love this top, slow going a bit with the thin yarn I chse and lots of stockinette but well worth it as its beautiful and I've worn it often
My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry



Oak Park by Laura Aylor
Christmas present number 1 for my husband was this visually stunning scarf that was such an entertaining knit with the modular construction I was actually sad to finish it!
My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry



Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry
This has to be my 2018 all time favourite, that's why two version of it have made this list. Sometimes I ill knit something that as a finished product I love, but I wouldn't want t work that pattern again, this however is just one of those patterns where for me product knitter and process knitter meet. I absolutely love the knit, it's very meditative I find and for me it moves fast, and i absolutely love the finished product. I enjoy knitting it in different content yarns and weights to get different results, as you can see by the following to pictures. (I am currently workiing on versions that will use up my ancient acrylic stash for indoors wear only, and a trusty rustic woolen  autumnal shades one, as well as maybe some speckled and one colour versions, so more of these in in my future
Left:
This was made in a cotton silk blend, and has a very 'cotton wool' like woolly coziness to it, complete with a shawl cotton as pattern, just slightly smaller then as stated as I was wary of possible sagging with the yarn so didn't want it t go too over sized. I adore this cardi, its like a love;y soft snugly cloud
Right:

This is a lightweight cotton version, and as it's meant to be lightweight, I opted out of the cozy shawl collar fr this version and just did a simple non button rib. This version feels sleeker, compact perfect transitional weather piece

My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry



















    


My First Raglan Cardigan by Lion Brand Yarn
Another top fave has to be this simple but so pretty tweedy style Raglan cardigan, very versatile and great for going well with black but not being quite so like I'm always wearing black lol!







Date Night by Nikol Lohr
This free pattern was a real treat to knit, great for trying on as you go and modifying to your shape, might be another on the cards for the future
My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry



Bevel by Jared Flood
Christmas present number 2 for my husband was the visually beautiful Bevel scarf, an absolute joy to knit, very relaxing meditative and homely in a real 'woolly' wool
My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry




Manhattan by Xiaowei HU
Christmas present number 3 for my husband. Not what I would say that enjoyable to knit but a 4 ply blue faced Leicester blend and great stitch patterns made the finished product well worth it
My project page on Ravelry
Designers pattern on Ravelry

And in reply to my last post, I opted to cast on Party on my needles by Joji Locatelli, in a soft squishy cashmere blend and a DK weight as I wanted a shawl this colour to go with my beige winter coat so DK seemed the better choice for when the weather calls for that coat, and I'm absolutely loving it 😄...
Party on my needles by Joji Locatelli




 So that finishes up 2018, next time we'll take a look at best laid plans for 2019 ...



Happy Knitting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!