Yarn Hoarding for Winter...



Malabrigo Sock in 'Dizfraz' (about to 
become a Beanie for my daughter 
to go under the Christmas tree



I feel like a squirrel with it's nuts as I currently try to find space for all the yarn orders that I'm enjoying the deliveries of (pics below), and yes I am stocking up for Winter. With Christmas post delays, Covid postal impact and most critical, Brexit, looming- this year I have been trying to store away as much yarn as possible, mainly for designing use, as my stash of 'personal projects' yarn is quite healthy already. Brexit means the dreaded duty and admin fees will be applied to any deliveries from the UK, which is where I mainly order from anyway, so for me, as my yarn budget does unfortunately have it's limits, may have to either become a thing of the past for me or at least a very limited prospect...So I have been trying to order from any Indie dyers in the UK that I'd had on my Wishlist before it's too late, so most of my orders this yarn shopping and some from last year, have had that at the heart of it. Just one more order left I think, and that will be for 6 skeins of Cashmere Sock from The Wool Barn Yarns...
 2021 will see me explore Yarn dyers in the EU to see what lovely lengths of yarn art I can find to satisfy my yarny habit...



Eden Cottage Yarns, (from left to right) Keswick DK in 'Scorched moors' & 'Barn Door', Coniston fingering in 'Rusted Watering Can', Keld Fingering in 'Barn Door', 'Hyssop' & 'Linen', Rosedale Fingering in 'Mountain Hare', 'Chestnut' & @starling' 


(from top left going clockwise) Fyberspates Vivacious 4 ply in 'Dove Stone',
Malabrigo Sock in 'Cameleon', 'Botticelli Red', 'Carnival' & 'Pocion'


Fyberspates Vivacious 4 ply in 'Blush'

Fyberspates Vivacious 4 ply in (from left to right) 
'Smokey Joe', 'Verdigris' & 'Silver and Bronze' 


  Both pics show an assortment of Christmas Gift Knitting supplies 

                             






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!