Into my own little Knittiverse...



 

Into my own little Knittiverse...

I'm still in a bit of an organisational phase at the moment with the start of the New Year still quite fresh, and for me doing that helps me wrap my head around all the ideas and plans jumping out of it 😂
More about what's looming closest on the horizon for Bex Knitty Designs laid out in the Design / Tests in Progress sections coming up

A few words first though on stashquisition and my love for it... Knitting, designing knitwear and all of the parts and processes in between are all looped together with one common thread - the love of yarn, and beautiful yarn which someone has poured their heart into creating will always steal my heart away.
This year when it comes to yarn, has been about getting a nice little stashquisition squirreled away for future designs, which absolutely helps with my planning of 20+ designs I have scheduled for 2021/2 and so I thought I would share this yarny-heart warming pic of some of what I have gathered so far.
Just like a squirrel, with my nuts hoarded away to get me through the Winter, this fills me with a relieved sense of security, that I shall not be lacking in the design yarn department … for a while at least, because lets face it, for a yarn addict, the sourcing and purchasing is just as addictive and the hoard is joyful!
😏😌😊



Design in Progress...

I have recently finished the bright and 'Poppy' Cowl I told you about last week and that has now moved into the test knitting phase, more about that below within the Tests in progress part of this blog...
Design wise that leaves me working on the 3 colour, DK weight triangular shawl, all texture and comfort, that I have also told you about. I have been working on this intermittently as had some gift knitting commitments that needed to take birthday-looming priority. I'm using Gilliatt from De Rerum Natura, and whilst I am still only on the first colour I m thoroughly enjoying the crunchy goodness of this yarn and seeing how the texture of twisted stitches knit up with it. 


This first section will be a mixture of horizontal and vertical zigzags, formed both by twisted stitches and knit purl textured patterning, broken up with some garter ridges here and there which will be a running theme throughout the shawl to offer lineation for interest and between different stitch patterns. I think it's going to be a bit of an epic knit and I am looking forward to watching it grow beneath my fingers! More on this as it progresses



Tests in Progress...

I have a new design that has freshly moved into the test knitting stage of this process and it's the cowl which was part of the Design in Progress segment of the last blog post, which has now become known as the 'Squish Factor Cowl'
As detailed last time, it is a long loop of a cosy cuddle of a cowl, the sample of which I have knit up in the gloriousness which is Hedgehog Fibre's Sporty Singles in the 'Poppy' colourway.
It's only just gone out for testing within the last few days so no Work-in-progress snaps from my testers but here are some pics of the finished piece fresh off the blocking mats

    Simultaneously, we are still running the tests for the Gift Of Honey Hat & Cowl sets, and here as we get nearer to the release date, are some more work in progress and finished creations that have flown off my tests knitters needles since the last post … 
Very happy with them indeed!

Until next time! …






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!