Prepping for the knitting months ahead...

 Prepping for the knitting months ahead...



First point on the agenda for embracing 2021 for me was sorting out my pattern release schedule to run as a calendar throughout the year ahead. It felt like I had so many ideas for all my planned patterns that some structure and planning on which to focus on and when was required!
So the humble post it note came to the rescue and dividing a cupboard door in two to represent the two halves of the coming year, and I could visually plan where each release would fall during those months.
Next up was the enjoyable task of organising the actual stash I've been acquiring during 2020 for these planned designs in line with this schedule into two drawers, once again dividing the year in half.
Now with a month by month panned schedule of what to do and when I could feel a bit more organised, which for me is always a good feeling.
Leaving the best part of designing to be enjoyed as a reward - the actual knitting...


Design in Progress...

I am in the process of the knitting stage of two designs currently, and as dictated to by the now planned schedule, one of them had to take more of a timeline priority. This meant putting aside the snuggly DK triangular shawl I detailed in my last blog post to concentrate
all of my design knitting time on another design.
This wasn't as difficult as it could have been, as while I love the woolly
type one that I had initially started on, I also love this fluffy neon poppy of a cowl I now am working on, safe in the knowledge I will be returning to the DK crunchy goodness as soon as this cowl is finished, which hopefully will be in a day or so. So this beauty of a comfort knit has been filling my days recently
 

up close and gorgeous

I am knitting this long loop style cowl in Hedgehog Fibres, Sporty Singles, in the colorway 'Poppy', and it is such a joy to work with. I have two sides to my yarn love self, warm cozy or soothing neutrals and autumnal rich shades and bright pops of neon. This one definitely pleases my love for neon! With it's bright speckles of highlighter greens, yellows, pinks and oranges on a creamy natural base, it's such fun to see it knit up. Also the singles nature of this yarn gives it a wonderfully subtle but still cuddly fluffy factor that's just lovely along with beautiful drape. This is going to be a gorgeous cozy wraparound hug of a Cowl, and so I have opted for simple and squishy patterning in view of how I plan to wrap this around me; a piece that's going to be pretty well wrapped could end up with any detailed patterning being quite obscured, so better to choose more in favour of what offers plumpness whilst not needing much flat surface to be enjoyed visually at the same time. As I said hoping to finish within a day or so, and have this out for testing with my wonderful team by mid January so it'll be ready for a Mid February release...It doesn't have a name yet, but I am sure it will come to me!


Tests in Progress...

In my last blog post I wrote of the tests currently working their way of over testers needles, the Gift of Honey Hat & Cowl, it seems to be going down well, on schedule and as promised here's some pics of the work in progress and finished objects so far...




Until next time...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!