Knit, Knit, Rip, Rip, Knit, Knit ...

 

Knit, Knit, Rip, Rip, Knit, Knit ...

There has been a whole lot of the part I love most about designing since the last post- the actual knitting!
I knit and then ripped out and then knit again on my Worsted weight triangular shawl (I think I referred to it as DK previously?) I have been working on, due to not being happy with the way of the stitch patterning was meeting in the centre, so a bit behind in progress on it, but very happy with how it's looking now! I hope you like the look of it too from the pictures under the design  in progress section below!

Also been mulling over a design that I have had in my mind but I am not too sure if I should actually make or not. It's wrap version of some patterns I already have published, and it will possibly mean some chart conversion from in the round to flat and a whole lot more planning, but I'm still not totally sure if I'll be going down that path with it or not ... will try to come to a concrete decision over the weekend!

And once I am done with this post I plan to send the next test out, for the 'Ancient Spirals Hat' I shared with you here a few posts back. New tests are always exciting, (and a bit nerve wracking ðŸ˜Ÿ), so hopefully I will have some lovely tester's finished hats to share with you, but in the meantime we have some beauties to show off from the 2 tests that are currently running detailed below under the Tests in progress section...

Design in Progress...
So as mentioned, I have been busily working away on my Worsted weight triangular shawl that I am giving a working title of 'Sanctuary Space Shawl'.



I absolutely love this project and whilst I know I will miss knitting on it once it's finished I know I will for sure love wearing it once it's ready 😊
This design has a ton of my favourite things, alot of texture with the twisted stitches and other planned patterns for the rest of it that I have in mind, chevrons, slipped stitches, all in soothing much loved shades of mine, oh and I do love a triangular shawl.
But the true icing that just makes me fall in love with this shawl and makes all those elements stand out so well, is the yarn.

I am using Gilliatt from de Rerum Natura and it is a joy to work with for anyone that loves a good woolly yarn! It's a Worsted weight, French Merino d'Arles and black portuguese Merino, approximately 270 yards per 100g ball, milled and dyed in France in an ecological way. It's a Semi-woolen spun 3ply, and it's so bouncy and rounded that it just helps all of these textured and twisted stitches stand out so well and just really comfortable to knit with, and personally I still find it very soft as well as offering the obvious satisfying wooliness I love to work with 😊


Tests in Progress...

At the moment my testers are working on both the 'Squish Factor Cowl' and the 'Braided Lace Hat', below we have some finished objects from these tests ...

Squish Factor Cowl test


Braided Lace Hat test




Until next time! …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!