My Summer release/design schedule...

 



 My Summer release/design schedule...

Firstly, this post should have been put out on the 23rd but I'm afraid, just the business of life got in the way and it just completely slipped my mind, so my apologies for that. The change in posting frequency may have disrupted the organisation of it in my mind for me but hopefully now I settle into a sound reliable fortnightly rhythm!
Design wise it's been all about making sure the Summer months are used wisely to make sure we still have some regular releases through those warmer months, 1 each planned for Late June and Late July and then running into the release heavy Autumn/Winter period which means all tests need to go out and finish on time and everything needs to come together as planned...
We'll see how well that goes!😅 
So based on this scheduling drive, a lot has happened since my last proper post, and we currently have 2 tests happening and I have picked up my pretty periwinkle sparkle shawl and am halfway through that now, all of which is detailed below!


Design in Progress...

The Wrap on my design needles is my periwinle prettiness, which will have a name that's got something to do with 'Waterway' as I always thought of the colourway like water with fallen leaves on the surface and the pattern concept itself as being very watery, lots of flow and texture and lace creating texture, and as my husband saw the patterning emerge it brought to his mind the thoughts of canal locks and the way they are engineered to open/close... so definitely brewing up a watery theme with this one!
I am currently just past the halfway point and in view of the pattern so far being written, repeating my way back down the other half should be an easier task so should in effect be a relatively smooth journey ahead. I am really loving how working just simple lace and knit purl stitch patterns has created such lovely and complimentary textured designs which are so pretty to look at and gives the wrap such interest. 
In one colour and with repeating patterns, it's all very simple and easy to do but has such an effective result to it and will make the perfect warm weather cover up. And as you know, I love big rectangular wraps for their versatility and easy to wear shape, so I am sure I will love this one!
The beautiful yarn, Silky Singles by Emiteri Yarns (@emiteriyarns), is still the big love point for me on this one, those rich rusty pops of colour seemingly just floating on the pure soft periwinkle background is just genius.
To the left here you can see that even if the wrong side of the wrap shows whilsts wearing it, that's actually quite pretty too. It's going to make for a very elegant piece indeed! 



Tests in Progress...

At the moment we have two tests running at the same time, one with a very long deadline as it will be an Autumn release, and that is the 'Sanctuary Place Shawl' (yep another name change, it's been a whole saga, where I just couldn't decide, and so I put it to my testers and consensus was reached in the end for this new name) and one which will release in Late June. This means the testers that had already started on Sanctuary Place, if they wished to test the other one, which is the Whimsical Lane Wrap, they could put the Sanctuary Place on hold - which was a bit of a pull for some of them lol - and switch to the Whimsical Lane.
Here are some progress shots from both tests...


Sanctuary Place Shawl Test -


@theresa12912 on Instagram



                                    Moogle on Ravelry



                                                            Vrazz on Ravelry



                   @ikelinas_werkstatt on Instagram





Whimsical Lane Wrap Test -

@theresa12912 on Instagram


  Moogle on Ravelry



   Vrazz on Ravelry



                               M3mily on Ravelry


@claire.holmes4 on Instagram



@maisie3012 on Instagram



Until next time! …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!