Happily getting ahead of my schedule...

 



 Happily getting ahead of my schedule...

So I have spent a some of the last two weeks working on finishing my 'Waterways Wrap' and I am pleased to say I did just that, and it will hit the blocking mats this weekend. Whilst working on that wrap, it was just one of those projects where it felt like one distraction after another kept occuring, and whilst it isn't hard techincally, as I detail below, I am a little concerned i sometimes lost track of the numbers part of writing a pattern so I am really pleased I am ahead of my plans for the timeline for this wrap by just under a few weeks, so that I can afford to take some extra time going through the pattern to see everything adds up and such.  We've also been busy over on the testing front with the two current tests running at the moment, details below, and my mind is now of course on the next design 😀 



Designs in Progress...


Freshly off my design needles we have my 'Waterways Wrap'. It's a lacework and textured rectangular bias knit wrap in fingering weight, ideal as a warm weather cover up.
For my sample, I've opted for Silky Singles by Emiteri Yarns (@emiteriyarns), which is a wonderful choice as it shows off both the beautiful speckles and the flow of the patterning.
It's an allover pattern to fill the canvas with, but it's actually very easy to knit with the lace and textured patterning being very simple decreases and yarnovers and knits and purls, and it will soon be of for a nice soak and a lay down on the blocking mats!



Next up, I have began the planning on the next design, which will be a 3 colour crescent shaped shawl, in garter and stockinette stripes, broken up by panels of lace and twisted stitches. I am really looking forward to working on this one as I love the yarn I've gone with, The beautiful cashmere Sock Base from The Wool Barn's. It's definitely one of my fave's plump and soft and squishy and just really effective for a soft and gently draping shawl...

It's going to be a real comfort knit for me with lots of my most loved elements


So just to make a few charting decisions and such and away we go!


Tests in Progress...

So our wonderful testing team have been busily working away... Currently they are all mostly working away on the 'Whimsical Lane Wrap' as the deadline on that comes up first and here are some WIP shots from that test...


Whimsical Lane Wrap Test -

@theresa12912 on Instagram



  Moogle on Ravelry



   Vrazz on Ravelry



    M3mily on Ravelry



Strikkebien on Ravelry


Micnic via Email



Until next time! …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!