Knitting up the leftovers...

                                   



Knitting up the leftovers...

Over the last few years of designing, I have filled my leftovers drawers with perfectly useable amounts of wool that just have to  grow up to be designs of their own!
So I had a good rummage through, came up with some ideas and have already made a start.



This gorgeous West Yorkshire Spinners Illustrious Yarn jumped out at me to become a shoulder hugging cowl, the kind of which my daughter has wanted for a while, so this will also make it into her Christmas knits gift pile. 


Taking inspiration from its mother pattern - the Moorlands Romance Shawl from which the yarn was left over from - as I wanted to keep elements from that shawl, and because I always feel a more all over pattern works better on a cowl then more individual motifs that require more of laid out canvas to shine, I went with the Moss stitch that had been the focal point and 'story' element of that original shawl. I worked in some evenly spaced increases - as well as a increase heavier few rounds to add some ruffle to the bottom as my daughter loves frilly things 😊- to allow for shaping so that it can be worn snug around the shoulders as well as keeping the neck warm.
I have now finished it and all that's left is to block it, which I will try to get around to today. My daughter has already jumped on it, tried it on and was delighted with it, so success! I will share it here once it's had it's bath and sunbathe and is ready for it's FO pics 😁



In other news...
This is still my release heavy period and and first to launch has been my Woven Shawl, which has already been released, on Ravelry and Lovecrafts. 



Friday, will see the next release, the Woven Cowl launching.



I am really looking forward to this one as it's such a fun and really customizable little pattern and I am looking forward to it going live over in my Bex Knitty Design Ravelry store  and of course it will run with my usual free for first day or so and then 25% off discount for rest of it's first week launch promotions, with no buying requirements!




Tests in Progress...

At the moment our wonderful testing team are spread across many projects, busily working up to the the release months and here are some of the WIP shots from those tests so far...


Woven Cowl Test -


                                👆 by Vrazz on Ravelry


 

👆 by Candybg on Ravelry




👆 by Fluteplayer7 on Ravelry




👆 by Celeryknits on Ravelry




👆 by Ikelina on Ravelry



👆 by Troliver76 on Ravelry



👆 by xonishaxo on Ravelry


Woven Hat Test -


👆 by Micnicyarn via email


Trawler Shawl Test -


👆 by Tumblezweedz on Ravelry



👆 by Vrazz on Ravelry



👆 by Micnicyarn via email



👆 by Ikelina on Ravelry


Trawler Cowl Test -


👆 by @theresa12912 on Instagram


Trawler Hat Test -


👆 by Edieglass on Ravelry


Journey Shawl Test -


👆 by Fluteplayer7 on Ravelry



Until next time! …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!