My new pattern The Fairfield Harvest Shawl has been released!

The Fairfield Harvest Shawl by Bex knitty design


This shawl is an asymmetrical large cozy triangular shaped shawl, working from side to side, with a cast on of 3 stitches increasing slowly to its point and then decreasing down again to shape the shawl. It is worked in 3 colours, which move smoothly into each other by way of connecting slipped stitch panels, with stitches picked up all along the shaped edge of the shawl to finish with an applied linen stitch border which brings all the colours together. It’s a very rustic natural un-fussed with style of shawl with a natural waviness due to very minimal blocking,and which also happens due to the construction of the applied linen stitch border being added by picking up stitches along the edges of the garter and slipped stitch panels. It therefore relies on the construction rather than blocking to form all shapes. I chose to work the sample in an Alpaca silk blend that has a good halo as I wanted it to be of a soft rustic cozy muted style that lends a very subtle blending effect , but I have worked it in a zero halo more robust yarn for a more stark high contrast look, and it worked great too, offering clear stitch definition over halo to the slipped stitch and linen stitch work.

Find it in my Ravelry Store Bex knitty design and on Lovecrafts.com too



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!