New Knitting Adventures...

 


 New Knitting Adventures...

For me, at least, the bulk of knitting releases I have always launched during the later half of the year and so now that 'busy' time is soon upon me...
I am all ready to go actually, with most test knitting wrapped up, so it should be a fairly smooth ride, with 6 new patterns to release over Sep/Oct/Nov, the first of which will be The Woven Shawl on the 30th September 😀
I love the texture of this shawl, it has a very traditional homely woven look - hence the name lol - created by utilising both sides of Linen stitch, as well as squishy Garter stitch which for me is the quiet hero of knitting.






In other news...
All of this preprepatory organization has paid off as planned, in that it has left me free to work on my most scariest and probably due to be longest project so far - the sweater I am currently knitting up


 At first it was alot of throwing myself into the maths side which totally daunts me and even more of knitting 2 rounds just to rip back 3 as I worked through things I wanted to try, or to improve or just because in trying and trying to improve I made a whole lot of other things that would then need fixing! 
😩😅
I think the whole feeling attached to that time was excitement laced heavily with anxiety - or maybe more accurately that should be the other way around!
With a piece you know that has to be worn to fit a body, I just feel that extra pressure to get everything just so , to check, double check, triple check and if in doubt rip back and re-do ðŸ˜µðŸ˜§ðŸ˜£
But, I am now starting to see I am making many more steps forward than backwards and the yarn ball I am working from is shrinking whilst my actual knitted piece grows... I will soon be on the calculations and working throuseparatingarting for the sleeves so onwards and upwards!
 


Tests in Progress...

At the moment our wonderful testing team are spread across many projects, busily working up to the release months and here are some more of the WIP shots from those tests so far...


Woven Shawl Test -


👆 by Vrazz on Ravelry 



 ðŸ‘† by RosCottageCrafts on Ravelry


Woven Hat Test -


                            ðŸ‘† by Micnicyarn via email


 


Until next time! …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Deco Decadence Shawl has been released!

I love how you can draw with yarn!

My latest release 'Journey Shawl', is now available!